Tuesday, April 20, 2010

the 10 k happy dance...

"Oh THIS SUCKS", "OMG WTF was I thinking..." "Okay, seriously, who do I know who is home right now that can come and pick me up..." "Why did I put THIS song on my playlist?" "Oh GROSS, I just swallowed a cloud of bugs..." "Uhhh, how did I end up face first in this ditch...?" TODAY, I challenged myself to run 10kms...in a row...without stopping...AND...(insert drumroll here)...I did it! YAY ME!!! I took absolutely forever...I was swarmed by like 100 hungry turkey vultures, and was so distracted by giving an inconsiderate driver the finger ( there are no sidewalks) that I ran right in to the ditch...BTW, as you get to know me, that last statement will NOT surprise you...and you know what...IT'S ALL GOOD...because this girl just ran her first 10 k's...YAY ME!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Good for you for the 10 km's. I am nowhere close to being able to do that but I am working on it. Love your posts, they make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's incredible...glad the turkey vultures didn't get you while you were in the ditch...Nice run...and a beautiful day for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You F'n ROCK woman!!...you know what that means eh!?...now I'm going to have to try it...asshole! I love how you challenge me.

    Glad to hear you got some protein while you were out there! LOL

    ReplyDelete