Sunday, May 16, 2010

TrailAR Park Girls

(yes, yes...I know- it's trailER...but for the purpose of this blog it is spelled TrailAR)

I typically don't think about my blogs...when the opportunity presents itself I sit down @ my computer and fill the page with words...secretly hoping that they make sense. People say that I often write how I speak, so ...put on your best Amy voice and carry on...READY?
WOW ... today was totally UNBELIEVABLE, FANTASTIC, AMAZING! So much so, that when I thought about blogging, I was feeling slightly petulant...not because I didn't want to share my thoughts with you about today's AR training, but because putting it down on paper takes away some of the magic, losing some of it's enchantment. THAT is how AWESOME it was...
Trail running @ Kelso today was mostly single track...we were instructed by Susie to go @ our own pace...make it our own...(maybe I just made that up but I'm pretty sure I kept  hearing her say that over and over in my head.)  We covered various terrains and covered a number of different trails...SO WICKED!  All of the girls did SO WELL!  Once again, Sharon rocked her run in her blue jeans...which still to this day totally astounds me...Susie spent time running and chatting with each of us individually. sharing words of encouragement and amusing anecdotes. Who does that? Oh right...Susie does, because that is how committed and caring she is. OK, Beverly-Ann... Helllo??? You slayed those trails...you put one foot in front of the other and kept moving forward! BRAVO! You should be so proud of yourself!  I didn't want to stop trail running today. Mother Nature was totally on board and there was this crazy energy amongst the team that was almost palpable. Being with the "TrailAR Park Girls" today gave me momentum to be the best Amy I could be today...and that is what life is all about...I know, I know- this turned out way  more sugary than I expected...hmmm...maybe that is why I have welts the size of grapes all along my hair line and ears...I don't know WTF kind of little asshole insect that was that kept biting me but at least I know why... because you ladies exude sweetness, and I ...attract bugs.  Thanks for the awesome memories we made today! MUAH!
Now stop talking like me...you are freakin' me out!

3 comments:

  1. AMY, you have so much energy, you make it look so easy when you climb those hills and run through the woods...YA BLUE JEANS BABY!...ok - no more. Looking forward to Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy I LOVE reading your blogs with my "Amy Voice"... it freaks me out too :-)
    Keep writing, it's fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bugs like you cause your SO sweet!! AWWWWWW LOL :)

    ReplyDelete